The Panzer-Abteilung 190 was divisional tank unit of the 90. Panzer-Grenadier-Division. It had a Stab, a Stabskompanie, 3 Panzer or Sturmgeschütz Companies and a Werkstatt-Kompanie. It was (probably) built in July 1943 out of the II./Panzer-Regiment 5. It fought alongside with the division in Italy, from September 1943 to the final capitulation. His actions took place in Sardinia, Corsica. November 1943 in Orsogna, Magoro, Ortona; later in a sector of the Gustav-Line south of Frosinone, around Montecassino, in Latium, Toscana (Siena, Fucecchio). In August 1944 the division was sent to the western Alps (West of Cuneo and Torino) and later for refitting in Northeast Italy. In the Fall of 1944 the division fought in the area of Rimini and Cesena, in the Spring of 1945 near Imola-Faenza (east of Bologna) and west of Bologna (Zocca and Savigno), against US and Brasilian Troops. It crossed the River Po in the area of Castelmaggiore-Colorno. Parts of the division were taken prisoner between Brescia and the Lake Garda, other units (and probably among these were the Panzer-Abteilung) went up north to Bergamo, reached Edolo and the Tonale Pass and descended to Bozen/Bolzano. Commanding Officer of the Panzer-Abteilung 190 were: From July 1943-January 1944: Major Josef ZUGNER (born 1909) From March 1943 to ?: Major Horst Freiherr von USLAR-GLEICHEN (born 1911) In the Fall of 1944 Major GOLL Adjutant in April 1944 was a Leutnant KERN Parts of the Panzer-Abteilung 190 took part in a very heavy mopping-up operations on the border of Latium and Umbria under the command of Colonel Schanze of Panzer-Regiment-Stab 69 from March 29th to April 7th. There isn't much published on the Division but this book could be useful: Horst BELTER (a veteran), Berge-Fluesse-Inseln. Die Geschichte der 90. Panzer-Grenadier-Division, Eutin (Selbstverlag), 1986.